- Store-bought or homemade cake batter of choice
- Ice cream cones
- Frosting of choice
Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
Here’s a snappy idea which will lend a little whimsy to the next birthday party you throw for your child. Bake some cupcakes in ready-made ice cream cones. You can complete them ahead, and have the cupcakes ready for serving. Or you can bake and cool them in advance, leaving frosting and the decorating as an activity for that house full of energetic kids you're expecting.
wanna try to make a vogue cupcakes like these???
just take a very simple step...
u can watch it here
1. Make the batter for the cupcakes. Use a cake mix or your favorite scratch cake recipe. Prepare the batter as per directions.
2. Unwrap the ice cream cones slowly, being careful not to damage them as you remove any plastic coverings. Place each empty cone in a muffin tin, one per ungreased muffin cup
3. Pick up and fill each cone. Replace each cone in its muffin cup.
*** Leave a little room at the top for expansion (about 1/2 to 3/4 inch).
*** Do not overfill the ice cream cones with batter. An ice cream scoop holds about the right amount and lets you do a neat and trim job of filling. Aim for cupcakes which do not overflow the cones. These will be more attractive and will be easier to frost. The image of batter in the cone here will result in an unsightly overflow during baking:
4. Bake according to cake batter instructions. Bake for the same length of time you would bake regular cupcakes
5. Prepare the icing or open up a store-bought icing mixture.
6. Place the sprinkles in a small bowl.
7. Remove the cupcakes from the oven and allow them to cool.
8. Frost the cupcakes using a knife or spatula. Try to let the frosting warm up a bit if you've been keeping it in the fridge, as some frostings are more difficult to work with when cold.
9. Dip the top of the cupcake in sprinkles. Dip fully or dip just one side for an artsy effect
10. Place each cupcake back into the muffin tin, or place in a serving dish with sides. Carry the muffin tin or serving dish very carefully; these cupcakes will be top heavy and have a tendency to topple
11. Serve and enjoy! :-)