Saturday, January 12, 2013
Vegetable oil cooking spray
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sifted cake flour (not self-rising), plus more for sheet
3 tablespoons finely ground toasted blanched almonds
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs, plus 2 large egg yolks
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
1 1/4 cups homemade or good-quality jam, such asRaspberry-Orange Zest Jam
1 cup heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a 12 1/2-by-17 1/2-inch rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Line with parchment; coat with cooking spray. Dust with flour; tap out excess, and set aside. Stir flour, ground almonds, and salt in a bowl; set aside.
2. Put eggs, yolks, and granulated sugar into the heatproof bowl of an electric mixer set over a pan of simmering water; whisk until sugar has dissolved and mixture is warm to the touch. Attach bowl to mixer fitted with whisk attachment; beat on medium-high speed for 2 minutes. Raise speed to high; beat until mixture is pale and thick, about 4 minutes more.
3. Sift flour mixture over egg mixture; using a large rubber spatula, carefully fold. When almost incorporated, pour butter down side of bowl; gently fold. Spread batter evenly into prepared sheet. Bake cake until golden brown and springy to the touch, 7 to 8 minutes.
4. Run a knife around sides of cake. Invert onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar; remove parchment. Roll cake in towel, starting at a short end. Let cool completely, seam side down.
5. Unroll cake. Spread with jam, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Whip cream until soft peaks form; spread over jam. Roll cake without towel, starting at a short end. Refrigerate 30 minutes (up to 3 hours). Serve dusted with confectioners' sugar.
credit to : marthastewart.com