Cook time: 35 minutes
Total time: Approximately 1 hour.
- 1 1/4 cups sifted all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening at room temperature
- 1 tsp good quality pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup undiluted evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup raspberry puree
- Make the raspberry puree by mashing fresh or frozen raspberries and pressing them through a fine sieve to remove the seeds. You will need at least 2 cups of raspberries or more to make sufficient puree
- Grease and flour 2 nine inch round cake pans and line the bottom with 2 circles of parchment paper.
- Sift together both flours, baking soda. baking powder, salt and sugar, Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat together the vegetable oil, shortening and vanilla. Beat well at high speed with whisk attachment until light and fluffy
- Beat the eggs in one at a time.
- Stir together the undiluted evaporated milk and raspberry puree.
- Fold in the dry ingredients alternately with the raspberry and milk mixture.
- I always add dry ingredients in three divisions and liquid ingredients in 2 divisions. It is very important to begin and end the additions with the dry ingredients. Do not over mix the batter. As soon as it has no lumps in the batter, pour into the two prepared 9 inch cake pans.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool in the pans for 10 minutes before turning out onto wire racks to cool completely.
- I've frosted this cake with Marshmallow Frosting but any good vanilla frosting is great on this cake.
- CREDIT TO : www.nlrockrecipes.com